To return to this first great edition, not perfect ,of course , I wanted to introduce a few words that will meet your expectations,I hope so, but let’s be clear, we will keep the spirit of the first, a RANDO RAID and NOT a competition, because the ranking loses its meaning after 15 days (on average) and 15 nights in the mountains. It was hard, and although imperfect, she was beautiful.
For the second edition, we will not go back, there will always be no ranking, no podiums, no categories, just a Mediterranean departure (Le Perthus),
the GR10, 25 points of security checks, a safety device and the arrival at the Atlantic (Hendaye) …
we stay and stay in an unusual format of Thru Hiking or Rando Raid!
Come on, I say it again, it’s not a Ultra Trail …
- The departure is the 1st of August 10:00 AM – Departure in France, Fort Bellegarde – Le Perthus
- the bags are checked on July 31st all day long by our swedish soldiers.
- a dinner and a camping is planned on July 30/31 in the evening by the organization. The camping is paying (10 euros / night) and the money will go to the town hall for the renovation of the fort.
- a single Dropbag: of 50 liters which will follow you on the 3 BV – Recovery on July 30 and 31 No Dropbag recovery on August 1st.
- Luggage / Suitcases: only by reservation – No booking on departure. Paid service.
- 6000 Kcal on the departure of the Fort + and the 3 Bases of life – Controls of the 25.000 Kcal at the start (6000X 4) + (1000 of security)
- Pacer authorized if equipped with gear, and outside the Reserves and the National Park .
- No Pacer between CP 2 and CP 5 – No Pacer between CP13 and CP14
- No dogs on the run – allowed for accompanying persons but not on the way with raiders or in the parks and reserves
- Prohibited Fire before BV 1 (Forest fire risk) and in the National Park and reserve
- No bottled water on the way – Only fontain, river or lakes (not recommended) – No plastic cups – no disposable dishes
- No Coca – No Soda on CP (yes I know, 72 packs of 6 in 2016, but zero in 2018) Objective: zero plastics
- Micropur or filters to purify your water, indispensable, there are a lot of caws and ships in the mountains
- 2 liters of water, I advise even 3 liters start to CP 4
- Remember to close the barriers that you will find on the way to prevent escape of sheeps
- Do not run in front of a Patou (white big sheepdog) … patience and bypass …
- You will have a bib in Tivek on the start for easy identification and security scores
- You will have a buff on the start – the products on sale on the departure will be: T-shirt – Buff – sticks – a candle –
- sticks are mandatory – ordered and paid will be distributed on departure
- Prohibition to ride, sleep, eat, and the rest in any wheeled vehicle, include camping car
- any carry bag with wheels is not allowed – trailer, pulka with wheels
- Music is allowed (headphones)
- remember to put your phone in “Ultra eco” mode and remove the wifi that kills the batteries
- a waterproof jacket (quality) plus one on waterproof bag and pants can replace the poncho (although I do not recommend it)
- Pack alu prohibited as sleeping bag – we ask for a real sleeping bag that fits in a bag
- a tent that closes (not an improved poncho) can replace the sleeping bag
- A “meat” bag is not a sleeping bag.( bag very thin )
- Zero mattresses on the run – Take yours if you want one in the CP –
- details of CP / Food will be sent definitively to J -30 only 3 CP’s are not confirmed due to lack of volunteers: CP 10 CP 16 and another
- ALL PACKAGING and EQUIPMENT must be marked with your name or bib number – eliminate all possible packaging
- Any material left at a CP is considered lost, even left to a member of the organization, the volunteers are more than 150 and returns home for some.
- You must warn the race PC if you leave the race.
- in case of transport in case of abandonment the transport / hygiene deposit is not lost., if you dont make extra cost ( Taxi , etc )
- in case of waste found by our teams on the way the deposit is lost
- if we have to clean the mountain after your passage, the deposit collectively will be used
- if the mountain is clean and you finish the race, the deposit will be returned 3 months after the race
- Any assistance to another raider is an obligation, and must be reported to the organization, we will send a rescue team asap
- Think of our volunteers, they will be as tired as you, a volunteer, sleep too, eat and be part of the adventure, without volunteers no adventure, a smile does not cost anything.
- Avoid driving your companions at night, the adventure is very tiring for you as for them, even by car.
- You have 22 to 25 CP, press you on this device where to eat your dishes, or a meal RSO, or you will be able to cure you or to make you care. (see detail table)
- On the CP, some equipment will be self-service … chargers, kettle, coffee , makers, even if the volunteers, the best in the world, will be there to help you
- Some Refuges are not partners, we have to prove to them that they are wrong, be clean, polite, respectful, normal what … Think about paying your bills on departure if you use one
- Use in priority our check points and respect the lodgings and private shelters: One does not enter without the authorization of the boss of the site !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- You will have 5 PASS NIGHTS and 5 PASS Meals, for the Partner Gites usable only before abandonment
- You will be able to take 20 meals on our 20 CP (with or without pass), 30% of the needs (estimates)
- the compulsory equipment will be checked at the beginning and randomly on the CP, and systematically on the BV for the weights inferior to 6kg dry.
- Pass are personal and can not be used by another Raider
- You must respect the charters of the Parks and the crossed reserves (no lights, no animals, use the toilets on the course, etc)
- If you want to do the GR10 in 30 days (I exaggerate but it’s possible, but without us), it’s your choice,after a medical check with the organization,
you will continue solo as a normal GRdiste ( Hiker on GR10 ) .